Memorial Day Weekend is just a few days away, so it’s time to get your home ready to celebrate the unofficial start of summer! If you plan on having friends and family over to enjoy the holiday with you, you should follow these tips to avoid Memorial Day Mayhem.
Grilling & Cooking
- Make sure all your gas lines are tight and secure, so you don’t risk a fire or worse.
- Always have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of emergencies.
- Pull your grill a few feet away from your siding and any hanging objects.
- Keep flammable materials (oven mitts, paper towels, etc.) away from open flames.
- Clean your grill and cookware, so your food doesn’t get any grime or germs on it.
Preparing Your Bathrooms
- Flush out your drains with vinegar and baking soda before anyone arrives to prevent clogs.
- Have plenty of toilet paper, so no one is left without it.
- If people are staying over, ensure your hot water heater is ready to handle any and all showers the next morning.
Prepping the Kitchen
- Make sure your garbage disposal is in good working order. You’re going to have a lot of food scraps for it.
- Invest in inexpensive drain traps to prevent food and other debris from going down your sink’s drain.
Keeping Everyone Cool
- Get your AC inspected to make sure it’s ready to handle the pressure of keeping everyone comfortable.
- If you have central air, ask your HVAC technician about air duct cleaning, so you know, for sure, that you and your guests will be breathing clean air.
- Potentially invest in a ductless system to keep warmer areas of your home more comfortable.
Getting the Rest of the House Ready
- Make sure your smoke detectors are working properly.
- Consider getting a whole-house generator to keep the lights and appliances on in case of a power outage.
If you need help avoiding Memorial Day mayhem, you need Ace Solves It All. We offer affordable AC installation, maintenance, and repairs, plumbing maintenance and repairs, water heater services, and so much more. That’s how we’re able to stand by our motto: “one call solves it all.” For more information or to schedule a service, call us at (407) 850-4900.