What’s that smell? Uh, oh – somebody didn’t take out the kitchen garbage. We tend to notice this problem even more, now that the kitchen has…
Backflow Prevention in Orlando & Kissimmee
Professional Plumbers Serving Orange & Osceola Counties
Backflow prevention devices protect your home’s access to clean water. When they work as designed, the device keeps the dirty water away from your home so that it does not flow back into your pipes and contaminate your water supply. Ace Solves It All can handle any issue you’ve encountered with your backflow prevention device. We can also complete an installation of this device to your plumbing if you don’t have one yet.
For backflow prevention services you can trust, look no further than our plumbing team at Ace Solves It All—contact us today by calling 407-850-4900.
Prevent Water Contamination
In Orlando, Windermere, Kissimmee, and the surrounding cities, most homes are legally required to have a working backflow prevention device. Each county determines specific laws for its residents. Both Orange and Osceola Counties require backflow prevention devices to prevent contaminated water from crossing into your drinking water.
These devices must have installations anywhere there is a risk of cross-contamination. These places can include hose water, sprinklers, and other outdoor irrigation systems. You would not want your sprinkler water to wash dirt back into your home, or your hose to suck toxins back into your drinking water.
Many methods of backflow prevention exist, such as:
- Air gap: A non-mechanical backflow preventer designed to create an open vertical space between a valve or faucet and any place that can collect contaminated water, such as a sink.
- Check valves: Also known as a one-way valve or non-return valve, this type of backflow preventer is designed to let water flow through it in a single direction.
- Vacuum breakers: A small plastic disc that is commonly attached to a toilet or urinal flush valve to prevent water from flowing backward to your clean water supply.
- Pressure assemblies: This type of backflow preventer is usually installed to sprinkler systems to prevent the non-potable water from backing into your clean water.
The type of device you require will depend on the specifics of your residence. Many homes use the air gap or check valve system, though in certain circumstances other devices are appropriate and sufficient.
How to Recognize Issues With Your Backflow Protection
If your water pressure suddenly drops in your home, or you notice dirty water coming up through your drains, you may have a problem with your backflow prevention device. Whatever you do, refrain from drinking tap water and taking showers until you can get your water checked. Your tap water may be contaminated with pesticides, chemicals, bacteria, and other toxins.
We do much more than backflow prevention. We’re the FL company that solves all your plumbing needs. Our other plumbing services include:
- Bathroom plumbing
- Repair for faucets, toilets, and water pressure
- Leak detection and correction
- Re-piping and other renovations and remodeling jobs
- New showerhead installations
- Design for water conservation solutions
- Drain and sewer services
- Installation and repair of water heaters
- Installation of garbage disposals
- Water lines services
- Water treatment
We also offer emergency plumbing services, which are cost-free from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We fix clogs, leaks, and more emergencies to get your plumbing, and your home, running smoothly again.
Our plumbers provide Orlando, Windermere, Kissimmee homeowners with same-day backflow prevention at no extra charge to you. Call our team at 407-850-4900, and get started working with Ace Solves It All.