Choosing the right water heater for your home can be a daunting task. With so many options on the market, it can take time to decide which is best for you and your family. This blog post will cover some factors to consider when selecting a water heater, such as type, size, energy efficiency, cost, and safety. Let’s get started!
Types of Water Heaters
The most common types of water heaters are electric, gas-fired storage tanks, and tankless. But there are a few other options to be considered. Here’s our full list:
- Electric water heaters are powered by electricity and generally have lower upfront costs than their gas counterparts. However, they tend to cost more in terms of energy usage over time due to their high energy consumption rate.
- Gas-fired storage tank units are usually more efficient than electric models and don’t require as much maintenance or repairs over time.
- Tankless units provide hot water on demand without needing large storage tanks or other components that take up space in your home. They also tend to be more efficient than both electric and tank-style models but may require additional installation costs due to their complexity.
- Heat pump water heaters: This hybrid-type water heater uses the surrounding air to heat your water supply and can cut down significantly on your energy demands.
- Solar water heaters are just like HVAC systems powered by the sun — a solar water heater is extremely energy efficient.
Size & Energy Efficiency
Another important factor to consider when choosing a new water heater is size and energy efficiency. The size of your unit should correspond with the number of people using hot water in your home as well as how frequently they use it. Suppose you have a bigger household or use hot water often throughout the day. In that case, you may need a more extensive unit with higher energy efficiency ratings than if you only had a few people occasionally use hot water daily.
The higher the rating on an appliance, the more efficient it will be at saving energy while providing adequate hot water supply levels for your needs. As far as energy efficiency goes, look for appliances that are rated with an ENERGY STAR label for optimal savings on utility bills over time!
Cost & Safety Considerations
Finally, when selecting a new unit for your home, it’s important to consider cost and safety before making a purchase decision. Make sure you choose an appliance that fits your budget but still offers good quality features that can help save money in terms of operating costs and long-term maintenance requirements. Also, ensure that any model you choose meets applicable safety standards to reduce any potential hazards associated with its use or installation in your home environment!
Water Heater Installation & Replacement Services in Orlando
Making sure that you select the right water heater type for your particular needs is essential if you want to get the most out of the appliance while keeping costs down over time without sacrificing performance or safety concerns. And the team here at Ace Solves It All can help you with everything from accurately sizing your new system to flawless installation, and everything in between.
Get in touch with us today for all your Central Florida home needs.