Don’t you miss the days when your water bill was just a fraction of what it is today? We know we do. Besides costing you money, using a lot of water is bad for the environment, especially when you consider how much of it goes to waste. That’s why we’re creating this ultimate cheat sheet on water conservation.
In Your Kitchen:
- Instead of having the water run while you wash dishes, fill a basin with water to wash them in and another with water to rinse them.
- Use your garbage disposal sparingly, and start composting food instead.
- Install an instant water heater near your kitchen so you don’t have to run the water and wait for it to warm up.
- Recycle pasta water by using it to make soups.
- Collect the water you use to wash produce, and use it to water your plants.
In Your Bathroom:
- Shorten your showers by just two minutes to save over 100 gallons a month.
- Check your toilet for leaks by putting food coloring in the tank and seeing if it seeps into the bowl. If it does, get the leak fixed.
- When taking a bath, plug the drain before turning on the water, and just adjust the temperature as it fills up.
- Install a dual-flush toilet to save water on each flush.
- Fit your faucets and showerheads with aerators that use less water.
In Your Laundry:
- Buy high efficiency washers.
- Use cold water to wash dark colors — it saves water and energy.
- Reuse your towels several times so you don’t have to waste water washing them so often.
If you find yourself in need of plumbing repair, contact Ace Solves It All. We offer a full range of plumbing services throughout Orlando, FL and surrounding areas. No matter what your plumbing needs or plumbing problems are, we’ve got you covered. For more information or to schedule a service, call us at (407) 850-4900.